Hatley Castle is the wedding venue of your dreams. And the best part? Your X-Men-fan guests will be talking about it forever. The castle, which is set among Royal Roads University amazingly green property, is not just stately and historical, it’s downright cool.
We’ve photographed so many beautiful celebrations at Hatley Castle and we’ve explored all the main areas of the gorgeous grounds, including the Japenese Gardens, Croquet or Italian Gardens, plus receptions in both the tented front-lawn and the castle itself.
Hatley is truly one of the most impressive places to get married in Victoria. It’s also a great location for engagement portraits!
Pros of having your wedding at Hatley Castle
1) You have full range of the entire property, including some of the most beautiful gardens on Vancouver Island.
2) The castle itself is famous. It’s been featured in X-Men movies, Smallville and countless other films. Check out the list
3) Hatley weddings provides you with numerous options for holding both your ceremony and your reception, including an outdoor tent, any of the gardens, and the interior of the castle.
4) The team at Hatley know exactly how to make your wedding perfect. Everything can be completely customized.
5) The team provides you with both a bridal and a groom suite so you can get ready in private, in a gorgeous heritage room.
Considerations for having your wedding at Hatley Castle
1) The castle is about 20 minutes away from downtown. You may want to provide a shuttle bus for your guests if they are staying in hotels.
2) The indoor space allows for 100 guests, but if you’re having more you can use the outdoor tent.
3) As a national historical site, Hatley Castle is protected so there may be a few small limitations on your decor and what you can do on the grounds.