Searching for a great place to have your wedding or portrait session in Victoria, British Columbia? We’ve created this Beacon Hill Park page to show you why it makes such a beautiful backdrop.
These photos highlight the park as a wedding location, but the heart of any story is the way people celebrate. Check out our blog for full Beacon Hill Park wedding and engagement stories.
Why we love photographing Beacon Hill Park weddings.
1) So many backdrops without needing to travel too far.
2) Photography backdrops include willow trees, lakes, gardens, lots of ducks, long tall grass, rocky areas, garry oak trees, bridges (steel and stone), a forest, an ampitheatre with benches, and even a petting zoo if you want to get more adventurous.
3) There’s lots of place for shade if it’s bright and sunny (or a little windy or rainy).
4) There is free parking (although it can get busy on sunny summer days).
5) Close proximity to downtown – just around the corner from the Legislature and Empress! It’s also very close to mile zero at Dallas Road, so we can also easily get to the ocean for more portraits.
6) Paved walking trails
Considerations if you’re having your wedding or portrait session at Beacon Hill Park
1) There isn’t much shelter besides trees if it rains.
2) It can get very busy on hot sunny days – especially Saturdays.
3) If you’re having your ceremony here the permits (at the time of writing this page) don’t allow you to have a tent in case of rain.
4) You’ll need a permit to have your wedding ceremony in the park but they are easy to obtain.